[Samba] MDB database corruption

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Thu Oct 1 22:04:43 MDT 2009

> I have an issue with an MDB (Microsoft Access database file) which
> corrupts frequently. The issue started after i rebuilt my server with
> Ubuntu 8.04 and Samba 3.0.28a. Previously i was using QiLinux 1.2, and
> an older version of Samba (can't remember which one).
>
> Since the only thing i changed was the server operating system and
> software, it stands to reason that possibly a different configuration
> could be the cause of this issue.
>
> I'd be grateful to anyone who would like to share his experience and
> comments on this issue. The database file is made with Microsoft Access
> 2000.

I was running 3.0.28a for a few years without any .mdb problems.  That
version is quite old now though, I'd recommend an upgrade.  Don't forget
that MSAccess databases are quite capable of corrupting themselves
without any external help, make sure you compact the database etc. to
help with this.

Cheers,
Adam.