[Samba] domain printer issues

Ryan Suarez ryan.suarez at sheridanc.on.ca
Mon Nov 30 08:04:10 MST 2009

>> I did find that uploading a printer driver to the server from Windows
>> worked okay with point'n'print (well, except that the driver itself was
>> flakey), so perhaps something wrong with Smaba's setdriver RPC call?
>>

> Yes, I have observed uploading the printer driver works fine. There are
> two symptoms I have observed:
>
> (a) If I disconnect any printer and try to connect again, sometimes, on
> some computers, it won't connect again. Instead I get the error:
>
> The server of the 'HP LaserJet 4100 PCL 5e' printer does not have the
> correct printer driver installed. If you want to search for the proper
> driver, click OK. Otherwise click Cancel and contact your network
> administrator or original equipment manufacturer for the correct printer
> driver.
>
> (b) for the occasional printer where (a) is not a problem, if I print a
> test page, I get:
>
> Test page failed to print. Would you like to view the troubleshooter for
> assistance? Operation could not be completed.

hmm, I'm not seeing this problem.  But I decided to upgrade to v3.3.9
from v3.2 instead.

some things to try (if you have no other leads):
- delete the queue and downloaded drivers from client, delete all the
printing tdbs and driver files from server and do a clean upload of
drivers to server, try installing queue on client again to see if it
fixes the problem in v3.4.x
- try v3.3.9 and see if you have better luck (works with windows 7 fine)