[Samba] Samba + LDAP: Changing user's group

sato x garasi9 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 05:06:11 MST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 7:28 PM, davefu <davefury at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello fellas. I'm facing this problem today:
>
> My Samba PDC is using LDAP as a backend, and its working really good. The
> problem comes when I change the groups on one of the users. System shows
> the
> change correctly by using 'getent group' and if I log as that user the
> behavior correct when trying the new group permissions.

OK.

> Samba, however, doesn't seem to get those changes immediately (it syncs
> hours later, totally random amount of time). I've tried disabling NSCD but
> no luck. I've read somewhere that restarting Samba service forces Samba to
> refresh the users credentials, but thats not possible to do everytime a
> user
> needs a change in his groups. I'm wondering if there is some way to refresh
> Samba cached credentials.

Do you mean that you have other samba server (as file server) running and
uses LDAP as its backend? When you change the group(s), the changing doesn't
affect this file server immediately? If this is the case, I used to reload
nscd to refresh its cache, since start-stop or restart nscd brings no effect
at all.

Hope it can help - and pardon my language.