[Samba] (samba ~ shlight): negprot protocols not 0-terminated

Sat Nov 28 11:11:18 MST 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 02:01:58PM +0100, Nagy Zoltan wrote:
> i'm trying to connect to my samba server from an openbsd system
> smbclient works perfectly from the client, but if i try to mount the
> share using shlight it refuses the connection and logs:
>    negprot protocols not 0-terminated
>
> i was unable to find any occurances of this problem,
> i've read that the field should contain the host's name as
> a zero terminated string.

Please send a network trace of the attempt together with a
debug level 10 log of smbd. Information on how to create
useful network traces can be found under
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Capture_Packets

Thanks,

Volker