[Samba] Centos with Shadowcopy

Robert LeBlanc robert at leblancnet.us
Sat Nov 28 09:15:31 MST 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 7:27 AM, Bruno Steven <aspenbr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I want use shadow copy for Linux , but I don´t found any document for
> implementation in Centos only Debian, somebody have any document about this
> ?
>
> I recently used
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Shadow_Copies_with_Snapshots, although I did
do it on Debian, I remember it being pretty distro agnostic. I did make some
changes like using shadow_copy2 instead and putting my snapshots in a
snapshot folder to not clutter up my regular share. You may have to read the
documentation a few times to understand it. There is no easy step by step
for shadow copy, you need to understand how it will impact your environment
when you set it up.

Robert LeBlanc
Life Sciences & Undergraduate Education Computer Support
Brigham Young University