[Samba] Can't share my secondary HD (Ubuntu to Windows)

Edward upfront09 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 18:13:31 MST 2009

Hello, I recently built a System out of old Computer parts I had. I
installed Ubuntu 9.10 in it. I built it for sharing all my files with my
other computer at home. I'm tired of having so many external Hard
Drives. So, I built this new/old system and installed an old Seagate
500GB hard drive I've just RMAed. I'm able to share all my files with
Windows Vista & 7 without any issues at all. I installed Samba and it
all worked without any issues at all, it was supper easy, just like I
need it.

Here is the issue:

Once I had the Ubuntu system sharing well I decided to Dismantled
another External hard drive add as a secondary hard drive to the system.
At first I could not get Ubuntu to share it. It took me a while to get
windows to see it but I did it. The issue I'm having is that Windows
finds it but it says "Access Denied" contact server administrator,
that's some kind of Administrator I make. Nevertheless, here are a few
things I've done, the most relevant:
One

Followed this, https://help.ubuntu.com/8.10/interne...ng-shares.html
Under "Sharing folders via the Shared Folders application"

the part which uses: shares-admin

This worked, to the extent which I was able to see my hard drive in
Windows. Please remember this is only my secondary hard drive for which
I'm having problems with, My primary hard drive, the one with Ubuntu
installed can be seen and shared without issues. I then tried this same
instruction with a folder. I thought if I can get one folder to be
shared correctly, from my seconday hard drive, I could just put all the
hard drive's content into that one folder. But I was not successful. I
should mention that the secondary hard drive has been formated with
NTFS, since it was an external hard drive.

Second I tried this:

I used Gedit and edited Samba, See here:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/ubunt...s-using-samba/
Still the same problem. I'm really a Noobee at any kind of Networking,
even Windows. I would appreciate any help. If I'm able to share my
secondary hard drive I would add my two other external to this system
and tuck it way just let it do it's magic without a monitor.
Note, just in case is important this Computer is connected to the
Network Wireless. I've tried the Ubuntu Forums but so far no one has
been able to help. Regards, Edward