[Samba] domain printer issues

Daniel Sheridan dan.sheridan at postman.org.uk
Fri Nov 27 09:03:57 MST 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 12:43 +1100, Brian May wrote:

> Brian May wrote:
> > Any ideas?
>
> No ideas?
>
> I have tried everything I can think of, including reinstalling the
> printer drivers on the server (which works fine).

FWIW, I have the same problem here with Samba 3.4.2 and Windows XP
clients. In fact, one printer driver works via point'n'print, but the
others do not, so for now I've set all printers to use that one driver
(the PPDs are similar enough that it's not a problem).

I did find that uploading a printer driver to the server from Windows
worked okay with point'n'print (well, except that the driver itself was
flakey), so perhaps something wrong with Smaba's setdriver RPC call?

	Dan.