[Samba] how to join to AD ?

mistofeles ptmusta at utu.fi
Fri Nov 27 07:48:45 MST 2009

Still some more fun

I have but two Linux user in the server: root and myself. If I try to add
one, Samba checks the user from the AD and doesn't want to adduser or
useradd  any, who alreay is in AD.

I have logged in my WinXP as myself and I see my linux directory as
\\server\myself
If I now write \\server\myfriend to the addres line of My Computer, I get
another icon '\\server\myfriend' (registered user). Behind this icon is the
directory \\server\myself. So, now I have two ways to get in to my
directory. If I try \\server\another_friend (registered user), I get again
to my directory and on the top level I have icons \\server\myself and
\\server\another_friend. icon \\server\friend has disappeared.

I build in linux a directory /home/minime. I n my Win7 box I log with name
mini_me (registered user) Now I can see dir \\server\mini_me as it should be
and not any other users dir. Praise goods its friday.