[Samba] NAS on 2 sites connected via slow link

Thu Nov 26 14:48:03 MST 2009

Oh, I thought the NAS was in the 192.168.5 network. If it is on the same network as the clients, that would be fast.

In that case, do NOT try to mount the NAS on the PDC. What you'd actually accomplish is this:

Client ------SLOW---------> PDC --------SLOW-----------> NAS

Instead, do this:

Client -----FAST----------> NAS

In other words, have the NAS appear as just another Samba server on the same network.