[Samba] samba 3.4.3 DC breaks Windows groups

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 20:01:09 MST 2009

I have done the following

  - Added index for sambaSID and other attributes as per the following

     http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/2.0:_Configuring_LDAP

   - replaced the samba 3.0 schema file in my LDAP Server (Sun Directory
Server) with the 3.2 version

   -  installed samba 3.4.3 packages from sun freeware to replace those I
compiled from from source.

   - Reindexed with "dsconf reindex -h ldapserver  -t sambaSID
o=mydomain.com"

Unfortunately did not resolve the group membership problem  (i.e. a user
account only appears to be in its primary group )

Querying the Samba 3.4.x BDC

# net rpc user info Administrator -U Administrator -S BDC2
Enter Administrator's password:
Domain Users
#

Querying the Samba 3.0.x PDC

# net rpc user info Administrator -U Administrator -S PDC
Enter Administrator's password:
Domain Admins
Domain Users
#

As far as I can tell from the comments at the top of each ldif file, the
only change was the addition of sambaTrustedDomainPassword objectClasses.