[Samba] Windows 7 domain issues

Alex Ferrara alex at receptiveit.com.au
Wed Nov 25 15:17:15 MST 2009

The DNS update issue I have resolved by insisting that DHCPD perform the update, and ignore the client request. I found that Windows 7 tells DHCPD that it will perform the DNS update, and by default, DHCPD will then let it. The directive in dhcpd.conf is "deny client-updates".

As for the password related issues, I think you might be right, and the answer lies in the password strength required.

I too am holding my breath for Samba4. I have been considering implementing either Franky, or Samba4 alpha in the role of PDC, and using Samba3 to do the file sharing. I'm just a little concerned that it might eat my cat.

aF