[Samba] reverse name resolving of winbind 3.4.x

Alexander Födisch foedisch at eva.mpg.de
Wed Nov 25 06:15:10 MST 2009

Does nobody have the same problem? Same behaviour w/ 3.4.3
It also takes a "long" time resolving names:

# date; id <user>; date
Mi Nov 25 14:08:55 CET 2009
uid=<...> Gruppen=<...>
Mi Nov 25 14:09:01 CET 2009

Sometimes it tooks more than 10 seconds...

Sometimes users get an error message "Access denied", even filesystem permissions and samba settings are correct. I
think samba /winbind is running in a timout while resolving names and so samba cannot grant access to files / folders.

Any ideas what we can do?

Thanks,
Alex