[Samba] Cannot retrieve user/group information

Ryan Hardy rh87 at duke.edu
Fri Nov 20 12:03:05 MST 2009

On Nov 20, 2009, at 1:04 PM, Ryan Hardy wrote:

> I've done so.  I see a few oddities, but nothing excruciatingly
> obvious.  I see a couple DNS requests for SRV _kerberos-
> master._udp.FOO.BAR.BAZ coming back with "No such name" responses,
> but I'm not sure if those are just resolution order normalities or
> not.  The LDAP saslbind seems fine.  I see the request for the
> attributes on the user going out, but only 3 of the requested 4
> attribues come back (gecos is missing).  I also see a request go out
> for SRV _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.* to DNS coming back with "No such
> name" responses.

A few more things I noticed:

There are LDAP lookups for what are local users.  I'm not sure if that
is just the standard resolution order for samba, but it looks sort of
odd.  Specifically, the "nobody" user is being searched for.

I see a few kerberos AS-REQ/REP and TGS-REQ/REP interactions.  The
"Server Name" in the packet body looks sort of strange:

"Server Name (Unknown): krbtgt/FOO.BAR.BAZ"

Just trying to add any details I see.

--
Ryan Hardy <ryan.hardy at duke.edu>