[Samba] Need help in samba configuration

Pankaj.C.Pimple at relianceada.com Pankaj.C.Pimple at relianceada.com
Wed Nov 18 00:11:02 MST 2009

Hi All,

I have now joined the domain using smbpasswd -j.

Could you please let me know how can I remove the join created above i.e I
want to unjoin the samba server amd domain how to do it and what are its
effects.
Can I join multiple domian from single samba server at the same time??

Thanks and Regards,
Pankaj C Pimple
Software Configuration Management,
Reliance Tech Services,B Block,DAKC,Navi Mumbai,India
Direct : +91 022 303 80153
Mobile : +91 9320023444

Pankaj C Pimple/RCOM/RelianceADA
17-11-09 12:50 PM

samba at lists.samba.org
cc

Subject
Need help in samba configuration

We have ClearCase database on unix and users on windows.
We are creating Unix users locally on that Clearcase server. Samba is also
installed on that server.

User windows machines are part of domain. Groups,usres are created on
domain and same users,groups are created on unix server.

Now problem is occuring when a windows user is changing the password for
his domain login. as soon as user is changing the password user will be
unable to access the samba share i.e clearcase vobs. So when user changes
the domain login password we have to manully change samba password for
that user by running

smbpasswd <userbname>.

Could you please guide me on how to achieve or any configuration need to
done on samba and on unix server so that I need not have to change
password manully for every user when user changes his/her windows domian
login password.

My samba config fiel is as below

# Samba config file created using SWAT

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = RIC_F2K
        netbios name = DEVVM
        interfaces = devvm
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = 10.8.54.120
        username map = /usr/local/samba/private/username.map
        #username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/username.map
        log file = /var/opt/samba/logs/log.%m
        os level = 0
        kernel oplocks = No
        create mask = 0775
        directory mask = 0775
        oplocks = No
        time offset = 30
#       time offset = 630
#       time server = yes
#[smbshare]
#       comment = Share Folder of devvm Server
#       path = /var/smbshare

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should return it to the sender immediately. Please note that while we scan all e-mails for viruses we cannot guarantee that any e-mail is virus-free and accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.