[Samba] Got user? no...

Todd E Thomas todd_dsm at ssiresults.com
Wed Nov 18 21:48:47 MST 2009

Hey all, I was just picking around through the logs trying to keep up on
the state of things and I found an entry that looks like this:

# tail -f /var/log/samba/10.0.0.111.log				(biggie)
[2009/11/18 22:36:15, 3] libsmb/ntlmssp.c:ntlmssp_server_auth(739)
   Got user=[] domain=[] workstation=[BIGGIE] len1=1 len2=0

This is a samba server with an ldap back-end. The machine has been added
to the domain and appears to be working just fine.

Out of curiosity, I can't seem to figure out why workstation is
populated with the correct hostname (BIGGIE) while 'Got user' and
'domain' are not. What could be the cause of this?

If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

===
Thanks in advance,

Todd E Thomas
"It's a frail music knits the world together."
-Robert Dana