[Samba] Samba, IPv6, turning off NetBT and Network discovery

Mon Nov 16 16:21:50 MST 2009

Thanks! Actually, DNS is not enough (I have DNS working), and I think LLMNR also wouldn't be. DNS works well for name resolution if you already know which machine you want to connect to, but it doesn't let the user see all the machines on the network in the network map. From what I understand about LLMNR, it, too only handles name resolution.

After Googling some more with your info as starting point, it seems that in actuality I would need LLTD (Link Layer Topology Discovery).