[Samba] Samba 3.2.15 is working with Winows 7 !!!

Linda Walsh samba at tlinx.org
Sat Nov 14 10:21:28 MST 2009

Daniel M|ller wrote:
> After a lot of trying this is the solution for all with samba 3.2.15
> installed. My Windows 7 client machine joins the domain on the fly
> with this registry hack.
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation\Para
> meters]
> "DomainCompatibilityMode"=dword:00000001
> "DNSNameResolutionRequired"=dword:00000000
----
	These were key for me.  The other ones were already
in my registry, but these 'values', added under the Parameters
'key', worked like a charm.  Thanks!

	Not sure what the DomainCompatibilityMode refers to, but
I can understand the DNS name resolution issue being a problem,
since my local domain name isn't really part of my DNS chain.

	Interesting, them making that a requirement -- guess they
are trying to get rid of that irregularity.  A good heads-up
for me with future Windows versions...*sigh*.