[Samba] DC priority, BDC prob with domain groups

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 17:04:25 MST 2009

Setting "announce version = 4.5" in smb.conf on BDC2 did not change
anything.  (The other samba domain still use 4.9 as the default version.)
Windows clients will still connect to BDC2 (if it is running.)  On each DC,
net getdomainsid and getlocalsid show that the local sid on each machine is
the domain sid.

BDC2# net getdomainsid
SID for local machine BDC2 is: S-1-5-21-xxx-xxx-x99
SID for domain DOMAIN is: S-1-5-21-xxx-xxx-x99

BDC2# net getlocalsid
SID for domain BDC is-xxx-xxx-x99
BDC2#

Pdbedit -Lv, wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g all seem to give the same results

Also

BDC# wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls succeeded

Thanks