[Samba] function error on driver

Ryan Suarez ryan.suarez at sheridanc.on.ca
Thu Nov 12 11:20:02 MST 2009

Greetings,

We're using samba v3.3.9/cups 1.3.x for windows point and print.

I've uploaded drivers for a xerox workcentre 7346 to the samba server.
I tried PCL and PS drivers.  Was also able to connect to the printer and
auto download the driver from a vista32bit and xp32bit client.

Problem is when trying to view printer properties I get the following error:
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
Function address 0x4d0c3f25 caused a protection fault. (exception code
0xc0000005)
Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed.

If I add the printer directly, without going through samba, and use the
same driver then there is no error.

This is a new printer.  I'm currently dealing with Xerox support and
they're pointing to samba as the problem.

Can anyone help to troubleshoot this?

thanks,
Ryan