[Samba] FreeBSD 7.2 domain member problem

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Thu Nov 12 10:32:18 MST 2009

Ivo Karabojkov wrote:
> Sorry I don't know what caused everyone to lose interest in my previous
> post...
>
> What may be the reason for the error:
>
> winbindd/idmap.c:idmap_init_passdb_domain(438)
>   Could not init passdb idmap domain
>
> I have another problem too:
> winbindd/winbindd_user.c:winbindd_fill_pwent(97)
> error getting user id for sid S-1-5..........
>
> I tried adding passdb backend=tdbsam in my smb.conf but no result at all.
> Do I have to use LDAP backend for IDMAP? Is there something with idmap:rid?
>
> Any help or advice would be appreciated!

 From your smb.conf, the "idmap backend" that you have commented out is
the correct one.  Try changing that, then see if there is any improvement.
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/idmapper.html#id2606608

http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.unix.samba/browse_thread/thread/48cc0808ab6fee08

#idmap backend = idmap_rid:DOMAIN=10000-100000000 [*this is the correct
one*]
idmap backend = rid
# ldap ssl = no
idmap uid = 10000-100000000