[Samba] Samba 3.2.15 is working with Winows 7 !!!

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Thu Nov 12 04:52:15 MST 2009

Hello to all,

After a lot of trying this is the solution for all with samba 3.2.15
installed.

My Windows 7 client machine joins the domain on the fly with this registry
hack.

I can logon without errors and all my netlogon scripts are working:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation\Para
meters]
"DomainCompatibilityMode"=dword:00000001
"DNSNameResolutionRequired"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Netlogon\Parameters]
"Update"="no"
"DisablePasswordChange"=dword:00000000
"MaximumPasswordAge"=dword:0000001e
"RequireSignOrSeal"=dword:00000001