[Samba] Problems with permissions when using vfs_recycle with recycle:keeptree

Andreas Gredler jimmy at g-tec.co.at
Thu Nov 12 04:26:12 MST 2009

Hello,

I'm using vfs_recycle on shares and realized the following problem when
setting recycle:keeptree = yes:
All the directories are created with mode 0700 (in my case rwx--S---).
This is because of the standard mode of recycle:directory_mode. In need
the dirs to be 0770 or 0700, depending on the original permissions. Now
my question is: Is there any way to inherit the original directory permissions?

My test system is Debian Etch with Samba 3.0.24-6etch10.

greets Jimmy

--
                 Andreas "Jimmy" Gredler
   ,'"`.         http://www.jimmy.co.at/ | jimmy at g-tec.co.at
  (  grml.org -» Linux Live-CD for texttool-users and sysadmins
   `._,          http://www.grml.org/    | jimmy at grml.org