[Samba] samba and ads authentication

Tom Montague tom.montague at thegriffingroup.com.au
Tue Nov 10 19:12:50 MST 2009

Solaris 9, samba 3.0.23c, openLDAP 2.3

I managed to run the configure script for samba successfully using the following parameters :-

./configure --with-ldap --with-ads --with-pam --with-winbind --with-krb5=/usr/local/lib

Now when I am running "make" I am getting the following error... (any ideas)

/home1/admin/Projects/HDR1390/samba-3.0.23c/source# make
Using FLAGS =  -I/usr/local/lib/include -O -D_SAMBA_BUILD_  -I/home1/admin/Projects/HDR1390/samba-3.0.23c/source/iniparser/src -Iinclude -I/home1/admin/Projects/HDR1390/samba-3.0.23c/source/include -I/home1/admin/Projects/HDR1390/samba-3.0.23c/source/tdb  -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I/usr/local/lib/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DLDAP_DEPRECATED -DSUNOS5 -I/home1/admin/Projects/HDR1390/samba-3.0.23c/source -D_SAMBA_BUILD_
      LIBS = -lsendfile -lresolv -lnsl -lsocket -ldl
      LDSHFLAGS = -G  -L/usr/local/lib/lib -lthread
      LDFLAGS = -L/usr/local/lib/lib -lthread
      PIE_CFLAGS =
      PIE_LDFLAGS =
Compiling dynconfig.c
Compiling smbd/vfs.c
Compiling passdb/pdb_interface.c
Compiling passdb/pdb_ldap.c
passdb/pdb_ldap.c: In function `ldapsam_get_new_rid':
passdb/pdb_ldap.c:4410: error: incompatible types in assignment
passdb/pdb_ldap.c: In function `pdb_init_ldapsam':
passdb/pdb_ldap.c:5573: error: incompatible types in assignment
make: *** [passdb/pdb_ldap.o] Error 1