[Samba] talpy-deny error when combining samba and sophos

Marcus lists at localguru.de
Mon Nov 9 15:39:35 MST 2009

Hi,

I'm getting the following error when trying to save a file in a share
with activated on-access-scanning using sophos:

Nov  9 17:10:41 server kernel: talpa-deny: Error occured while
opening /vol/group/test.ppt on behalf of
process smbd[23713/23713] owned by 6688(6688)/0(7003) <512>

I know that this is not a samba problem, but may be someone had this
problem too and solved it. Basically this error comes up when saving MS
word oder powerpoint files which try to create temporary ~$ files.

my system: debian Etch with samba 3.0.24-6etch10
Sophos version: 6.7.0

Thanks,
Marcus