[Samba] LDAP server unavailable - but I'm not using LDAP

maestr0 Graham.Crowe at bluescopesteel.com
Fri Nov 6 00:01:04 MST 2009

I am having problems with Samba responding really slowly and have looked
through the logs and there are heaps of messages like the following...

smbd[4293]: nss_ldap: could not search LDAP server - Server is unavailable

I am not using LDAP and cannot see anything in smb.conf which tells it to
use LDAP.

Unfortunately web searches are most unhelpful as they all seem to offer
assistance in getting LDAP to work, which I am not interested in.

Can anyone please tell me how to tell samba not to try and talk to an LDAP
server?

Thanx