[Samba] error packet at smbd/sesssetup.c(122) cmd=115 (SMBsesssetupX) NT code 0x1c010002

Richard Lamboj richard.lamboj at bilcom.at
Fri Nov 6 06:42:36 MST 2009

Hello,

so for the first time: i have forgotten the log rotation(self compiled system
services), so i will send a detailed log output again when the error occurs
the next time.

The error occurs on a Domain Member Server. I have used the Winbind Sample
from the Samba Homepage(later i will switch to the ldap sample). It works for
some Time and then no one can login to the Server. The Commands "wbinfo -u"
and "geten passwd" works and shows all the users - but a login is not
possible.

Information about the Samba Versions:
 - Samba PDC(3.2.15)
 - Samba Domain Member(3.4.3) <- upgrade from 3.2.15 to 3.4.3(both versions
have the same problem)

After a Samba Restart everything works(anyone can login to the server) - for a
Time.

The Errors(I know some importants parts are missing - logrotation forgotten -
shame on me):

NTLM CRAP authentication for user [MITARBEITER]\[r.lamboj] returned NT code
0x1c010002 (PAM: 4)

...ser [r.lamboj] -> [r.lamboj] FAILED with error NT code 0x1c010002

error packet at smbd/sesssetup.c(122) cmd=115 (SMBsesssetupX) NT code
0x1c010002

Can someone tell me what this means: "pam auth crap domain"? Why crap?

Configuration:

  allow trusted domains = yes

   #idmap cache time = 3600
   #winbind cache time = 3600