[Samba] [bounce] Problem with pam_winbind

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Thu Nov 5 13:32:08 MST 2009

On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 08:16:51AM -0600, Robert LeBlanc wrote:

> > I was wondering if any one has had any thought on this ?
> >
> > or maybe how I would go about trying to debug it..
> >

> I haven't used any of the ldap stuff that you are using so it's beyond me at
> this point. I wish I could help more, I know how it is to be in that
> position. Is this just a member workstation/server or is it trying to be a
> DC? To me if it is just a member, I can't see why you would need all the
> LDAP stuff. Security should also probably be ADS as well. Here is my conf

not sure what you mean by all that ldap stuff I have, I understand ads
is stored in M$ ldap

[global]
workgroup = AD
server string = %h server
dns proxy = no
interfaces = 192.168.5.10/24
bind interfaces only = yes
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 1000
syslog = 0
encrypt passwords = true
passdb backend = tdbsam
obey pam restrictions = yes
unix password sync = yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
pam password change = yes
netbios name = bblx01
realm =
ad.barbarast.samad.com.au
security = ADS
encrypt passwords = true
password server = *
winbind separator = +
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
template homedir = /home/%D/%U
template shell = /bin/false
winbind use default domain =
yes
socket options = TCP_NODELAY
SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192

--
"And, most importantly, Alma Powell, secretary of Colin Powell, is with us."

	- George W. Bush
01/30/2003
Washington, DC