[Samba] FreeBSD 7.2 domain member problem

Ivo Karabojkov ivo at kit-bg.com
Wed Nov 4 13:42:34 MST 2009

Hi!

I am trying to set a FreeBSD 7.2, Samba 3.3.8 as an AD domain member server.
I am not using LDAP, but idmap_rid. I have properly configured
nsswitch.conf.

Joining to domain and wbinfo -u work OK, but when I try
pw show user -a
I get only user accounts of FreeBSD. So, I cannot set owners, ACLs...

My main source is Samba guide chapter 7:
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/unixclients.html#id2597100
All tests from Procedure 7.4 of the guide, except getent (eq. to pw show
user -a) work OK.

It seems that FreeBSD does not use nsswitch. What should I do or what I am
missing?

Thanks in advance fro your help.