[Samba] machine 127.0.0.1 rejected the tconX on the IPC$ share. Error was : NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED --SMBPASSWD ERROR

pcinformace pcinformace pcinformace at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 02:02:47 MST 2009

Ok, I resolved part

smbpasswd
Old SMB password:
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
machine 127.0.0.1 rejected the tconX on the IPC$ share. Error was :
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
 Failed to change password for test1

by adding

interfaces = 192.168.1.201/24, eth2
bind interfaces only = Yes

to the smb.conf

now when I try to change password for user "user1" I am getting error

smbpasswd
Old SMB password:
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
Unable to connect to SMB server on machine 127.0.0.1. Error was :
NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED.
Failed to change password for test1

Interesting is I do not have anywhere defined ip address 127.0.0.1 in smb.conf

If someone knows what could help with above error, please write

Thank you and regards,