[Samba] Desktop.ini in Startmenue

Daniel Spannbauer ds at marco.de
Mon Nov 2 07:01:04 MST 2009

Miguel Medalha schrieb:

>> Roaming Profiles are working, but I always have the desktop.ini
>> visible in some folders of the Windows-Startmenue.
>> I found several hints for the dos-attributes in smb.conf, buit
>> notthing seems to work.
>>

> You have " hide files = /Desktop.ini/"
>
> In any Windows computer, you will find both "desktop.ini" and
> "Desktop.ini".
>
> Linux is case-sensitive, so "desktop.ini" is not covered by your
> configuration.
>
> I would advise you to use "hide files = /desktop.ini/Desktop.ini/".
> That's what I am doing and it works.
> I use it on the "global" section of "smb.conf" in order to cover all
> shares.

Added the line "hide files =
/Desktop.ini/desktop.ini/ntuser.ini/NTUSER.*/tmp/RECYCLER/" to the
global-section, but this seems to has no effect. There is still visible.

Regards

Daniel

--
Daniel Spannbauer                         Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH  Tel   +49 8333 9233-27 Fax -11
http://www.marco.de/                      Email ds at marco.de
Geschäftsführer Martin Reuter             HRB 171775 Amtsgericht München