[Samba] Problem with pam_winbind

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Sun Nov 1 20:01:49 MST 2009

Hi

my setup debian amd64 with
ii  samba                                       2:3.4.2-1
SMB/CIFS file, print, and login server for Unix
ii  samba-common                                2:3.4.2-1
common files used by both the Samba server and
ii  samba-common-bin                            2:3.4.2-1
common files used by both the Samba server and
ii  samba-doc                                   2:3.2.5-4lenny7
Samba documentation
ii  samba-tools                                 2:3.4.2-1
Samba testing utilities

installed.

I have a working connection config, I can

net ads testjoin - result okay
and wbinfo -u i& wbinfo -g work

wbinfo -a test%password
wbinfo -K test%password

work.

I have /etc/pam.d/imap-test setup to loo like
auth    required  pam_winbind.so
auth    required  pam_deny.so
account    required pam_winbind.so
account    required pam_deny.so

when i try testsaslauthd -u test -p password -s imap-test
I get
0: NO "authentication failed"

if I change imap-test config file to remove pam_winbind and use shadow
and then retest with a shadow userid/password it works.

I have tried setting debug for pam_winbind but I don't see anything

Thanks
Alex