[Samba] Problems starting Server 2008 x64 after added to samba domain

Robert Ludvik robert.ludvik at zd-lj.si
Fri May 29 19:42:18 GMT 2009

Hi
I have a problem with Windows Server Ent (and Std) 2008 x64 running on
IBM Blade Center. I can add it to the Samba domain but when I restart
it, it comes to "Applying computer settings..." and if I connect with
rdesktop I can see a screen saying "Please wait for the group policy
client" and after some minutes it restarts. I can boot it in Safe mode,
remove from domain and it will start with no problem.
I have no issues with Server 2008 Ent 32 bit running on PC.
Any ideas where can I look for help? I installed all updates and SP2 ...
Regards
Robert Ludvik