[Samba] Issue with logging into an old Samba Domain

Haley, Terry Terry_Haley at DFCI.HARVARD.EDU
Fri May 29 00:23:15 GMT 2009

What has happened has me a bit perplexed. I'm working on replacing an old PDC
server we've been running on. I've setup the new PDC and setup a few users to
begin the migration and I'm migrating their setting from the old PDC to the new
one. Now essentially this is what has happened.

1 Saved user settings on an xp machine using file transfer.
2 Put the PC on the new domain, no problem.
3 Logged into the new domain with the user (same username as before, so now
there's user1 and user1.newdomain in docs and settings)
4 Realized there were a few things I still needed from the old domain and put
the pc back onto the old domain.
5 Now I can't log into the old domain with this user but I can with other users
which points me at an issue with the pc.

Any ideas?  When I look at the samba log on the old PDC I get this error.

[2009/05/28 16:31:11, 0] rpc_server/srv_samr.c:api_samr_set_userinfo(786)
  api_samr_set_userinfo: Unable to unmarshall SAMR_Q_SET_USERINFO.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

dispose of the e-mail.