[Samba] Samba File Transfer Problem

Mark Wengranowski mark at greatlittlebox.com
Wed May 27 21:42:13 GMT 2009

Hi,

I was hoping that someone could help me with a problem. I can't find an answer on the net about this. I have samba 3.2.11-0.28 installed on a Fedora Core 9 box. When I try to copy any file over 1 mb in size from a windows machine to the samba server I get an error: Cannot copy file or folder: The network is busy. Does anyone know why this is happening? I have tested it on multiple computers with the same results. 1 thing I noticed was that if I copy a large file from the samba server to my windows xp machine, then copy it back to the server the file transfer completes. I checked the samba log running at log level 10 and didn't see anything unusual.

Thanks,

Mark Wengranowski
Systems Analyst