[Samba] Changing owner/group on samba share

Robert LeBlanc robert at leblancnet.us
Fri May 15 14:36:41 GMT 2009

I've looked around and can't find the answer. We have a Samba file
server joined to our Active Directory and using ACLs. We are enforcing
quotas on this machine, but when specifying the home directory, the
directory is owned by the person who created it. Using Windows and going
into the security permissions, there doesn't seem to be a way to remove
the owning user/group. When you hit apply, they show right back up.

Is there any way for a Windows user to change the owning user/group
through the Window's GUI? This would be very helpful for our helpdesk
team.

Thanks,

Robert LeBlanc

Life Sciences Computer Support