[Samba] NTFS Attributes

Mark Adams mark at campbell-lange.net
Tue May 12 17:05:25 GMT 2009

Hi,

This definately sounds like what I'm after, However I've added installed
acl, and added the required options to no avail.

The file server is mounted with acl
/dev/hda1 on / type ext3 (rw,errors=remount-ro,user_xattr,acl)

and the samba share has nt acl support = yes
[test_backup2]
   comment = Test Backup 2
   path = /home/it/test_dir/
   browseable = yes
   create mask = 0770
   directory mask = 2770
   valid users = test
   nt acl support = yes
   store dos attributes = yes
   write list = test

When I run a testparm, the nt acl support line doesn't show.

I still get the error regarding the destination not supporting copying
of NTFS attributes.

Can anyone see what I am missing or point me in any other directions?

Thanks for the replies so far
Mark

--
Mark Adams