[Samba] PDC and "group" question

Peter Ulrich Kruppa ulrich at pukruppa.net
Thu May 7 03:55:20 GMT 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 06.05.2009, 12:31 -0700 schrieb MargoAndTodd:
> Hi All,
>
>    I just upgraded a workstation server to a PDC server.
> I am using tbdsam as my user database.
>
> Question 1:  As a workgroup server, I created my groups
> in /etc/group (groupadd).  Is this still the case?
> Do I also need to tell Samba about a different database
> for groups?
I am not quite sure, I understand your question correctly:
probably you will want to use commands like
# net groupmap add ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=wheel  type=d
  rid=512
which would map the Windows group "Domain Admins" to the local UNIX
group wheel and so on. See the documentation on samba.org for more
details examples.

Greetings

Uli.