[Samba] Samba 3.0.24 Upgrade to any further version -> fail

Bjoern Meier bjoern.meier at googlemail.com
Tue May 12 05:09:12 GMT 2009

Hi,

I can't upgrade my samba. We use samba in a windows 2003 AD. Works
really great, but to get samba fixed and get benefits (like better ACL
support) from newer versions, I want to upgrade.

I tried with the package-manager, compile the source from packaging
team or from upstream. The target on every try was the latest
sambaversion to have.

Users couldn't connect after upgrade. Windows ask for credentials and
samba don't accept the actual credentials. If I downgrade, everything
is fine.

The issue I could resolve is, that the log tells me the client connect
with a unexpected enc type.I though:"Well, we just have to wait
windows regenerate a new ticket". But no, it is a machine-wide
(doesn't matter which user tries to mount the share) problem. Some
user could login.

So, I don't really get it through.

Could anyone help me out?

Greetings,
Björn
--
To boldly go where no man has gone before ... I'll wait there with
touristinformation