[Samba] Upgrading to 3.3.4 from 3.0.34

Mike Eggleston mikeegg1 at mac.com
Mon May 11 16:30:26 GMT 2009

On Mon, 11 May 2009, John Drescher might have said:

> >> Are there any pitfalls from just dropping a 3.3.x version on to a 3.0.34 installation?
> >
> > This weekend I upgraded from 3.0.24 to 3.3.3. The issues I have seen are:
> >
> > - update the samba.schema before starting samba
>
> Some distros should handle that for you. I know gentoo will.
>
> > - place an 'X' in the sambaAcctFlags field of all LDAP users
>
> I am confused at that.
>
> John

I kept having a 'password expired' issue with the upgrade. I used the
'X' flag to tell samba to ignore the password expiration error until I
can figure that one out.

I don't know why samba is giving me the password expiration error. Now
that I'm upgraded to 3.3.3 I can remove the 'X' from my LDAP record and
test with samba to find the solution.

If the solution is a modification to LDAP (OpenLDAP), I can only do that
on the weekends. If the solution is a change to /etc/samba/smb.conf,
I can make that change during the day.

Any idea why I get the 'password expired' error?

Mike