[Samba] Upgrading to 3.3.4 from 3.0.34

Mike Eggleston mikeegg1 at mac.com
Mon May 11 14:59:11 GMT 2009

On Mon, 11 May 2009, ray klassen might have said:

> Are there any pitfalls from just dropping a 3.3.x version on to a 3.0.34 installation?

This weekend I upgraded from 3.0.24 to 3.3.3. The issues I have seen are:

- update the samba.schema before starting samba
- place an 'X' in the sambaAcctFlags field of all LDAP users
- my roaming profiles are not working exactly as expected
  (were not working exactly as expected before either)

That's all I've found so far. I did not change any samba nor LDAP configuration for the upgrade, just samba.schema.

Mike