[Samba] group mapping question

MargoAndTodd margoandtodd at gmail.com
Sat May 9 20:00:35 GMT 2009

Miguel Medalha wrote:

>>  net groupmap add ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=domadm rid=512 type=d
>>
>> Question 1: if my previous /etc/group names already match the
>> ntgroup names, do I still need to run the above command?
>>

> Yes.

Okay,  Now I am really confused.  I have three users in my
PDC that exist no where else.  In /etc/groups they are
assigned to "users" (100).  My smb.conf restricts users
to group "users".  These three users are able to use my
shares.

Why does this work?  I thought "net groupmap add" was only to be
used when named differed?  What am I missing?

-T