[Samba] Win2008 TS and Samba question

MargoAndTodd margoandtodd at gmail.com
Wed May 6 19:43:53 GMT 2009

Hi All,

I have a Samba PDC, a Win 2008 Terminal Server (TS), and
a bunch of XP workstations.

"Supposedly", all I have to do to enable "certain" users
on my PDC to use my TS from their XP workstations is to
create a group on my PDC, populate it with users, then
go to the "Security" tab on my TS and add the group
from my PDC.

When I do this, I get asked for the user on the PDC with
administrators privileges.  I put in "root".  It waits a bit
and then tells me it can not find the "object".

If you are using TS with Samba, who did you get yours to work?

Many thanks,
-T