[Samba] Re: Error when subscribing to list

Wed May 6 11:08:06 GMT 2009

On 5/6/2009 4:57 AM, Richard Foltyn wrote:
>> Is this normal?

> It's a self-signed certificate as the samba project likely does not want
> to pay several hundred USD per year for an "official" certificate.
>
> So yes, this is normal.

Yeah... this was a really dumb decision by the firefox developers to
provide such a scary warning for self-signed certs, and there was a lot
of complaints about it... to exacerbate the problem, they made it way
too complicated (think 'Grandma') to add an exception...

I haven't checked, but hopefully they mellowed this warning out a LOT
and provided a single-click way to add the cert...

--

Best regards,

Charles