[Samba] ctrl-alt-del to change password

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon May 4 21:53:17 GMT 2009

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 10:31 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have a PDC running without issue, but was curious about this. I was not
>> sure if it was able to update both the smb and linux passwords.
>>
>> It works for me with LDAP without any special setting,
>>
>> John
>>

>> Hi, John
>> Can you post your smb.conf settings related to ldap?

Here is what I have on the PDC

sysserv0 ~ # cat /etc/samba/smb-ldap.conf
#This file contains only the ldap configuration for samba
[global]
        passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldap://sysserv0.radimg.pitt.edu
ldap://192.168.1.230"
        ldap ssl = false
        ldap admin dn = "cn=Manager,dc=radimg,dc=pitt,dc=edu"
        ldap user suffix = ou=People
        ldap delete dn = yes
        ldap machine suffix = ou=Hosts
        ldap group suffix = ou=Groups