[Samba] Samba + LDAP + IIS = massive memory usage

Sat May 2 08:31:53 GMT 2009

On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 11:52:13PM +0100, Martin Edwards wrote:
> (Sorry, I meant to send this to the list first time around)
>
> Thanks very much for that.
>
> On a thread using 1.2GB pool-usage reports:
>
> full talloc report on 'null_context' (total 5898052 bytes in 39825 blocks)
>
> There are thousands of lib/charcnv.c:601 entries but all using only 1 block
> each.

Can you post the whole output somewhere? Which exact Samba
version was this (needed for the line number)?  You wrote
that it happens with many versions. And, this obviously does
not account for 1.2GB, so there must be something else.

Volker