[Samba] Does WINS need to be populated or configured?

MargoAndTodd margoandtodd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 06:25:27 GMT 2009

Ryan Novosielski wrote:
 > You really don't need to back up that file. I'm not sure I could
think of a potential advantage.

 > You might want to have a look at the docs that talk about the .tdb
files too. I forget what section, but it's very informative.

Hi Ryan,

Upon greater pondering and reading your letter, I do believe
that this database can repopulate itself, if I ever have to do
a restore.  I think I was just having a knee jerk reaction:
database must be backed up.

Thank you for the help!

-T