[Samba] PDC / BDC in a Samba Domain Controller.

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Fri Mar 27 09:24:11 GMT 2009

Your PDC and BDC must have the same SID,
Your BDCs ldap database should be a copy of Your PDCs. Also the BDC should
be a slave to the PDCs ldap. So every change in Your
PDcs database should change on your BDC. This is quite simple with slurpd.
If the PDC now stops the BDC will take over. The users are able to logg in,
but to have there shares accesseable you should hve the same shares
on PDC and BDC. Write a script when you log on or off to rsync the files of
the users.

Greetings Daniel