[Samba] Re: Samba logs fill up disk with inotify errors, smbd 100% CPU

Thu Mar 26 10:09:35 GMT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:59:39AM +0100, Stephane Carre wrote:
> 2) I leave "notify:inotify = false" in [global], since that seems to fix
> it. However, what risk am I taking ? What does this option do (or what
> does it not do ?), and what may be the problem with leaving it that way ?

Your users will not automatically see files show up in their
explorer Windows when they are created from Unix processes.
They will have to press F5 to get the updated view. Files
dropped there via other Samba clients should still show up
automatically, this is handled by Samba itself.

Volker