[Samba] Re: problem with sambaNextRid (WAS: updating samba/ldap: do I need new attributes?)

Thierry Lacoste lacoste at miage.univ-paris12.fr
Wed Mar 25 13:42:37 GMT 2009

Sorry if I missed your point but I have no problems with UIDs and GIDs.
The smbldap-tools keep the next available ones in the attributes
uidNumber and gidNumber of the sambaDomainName LDAP entry.

The problem is that samba's RID calculation changed somewhere between
3.0.22 and 3.0.34.

What should I do to upgrade as easily as possible from 3.0.22
(where RID=1000+2*UID) to 3.0.34 (where the next available RID
is kept in the sambaNextRid attribute of the sambaDomainName LDAP entry)?
If I don't deel with this change I will have SID clashes.

Or did you mean that you assign SIDs by hand with ldif files?

Regards,
Thierry