[Samba] Is the net rpc vampire at all destructive to a NT4 PD C?

Hoover, Tony hoover at sal.ksu.edu
Tue Mar 24 19:13:54 GMT 2009

"net rpc vampire ..." does NOT set the SAM or SECURITY hives of the
registry to "readable", which is what renders the PDC non-operable.

"net rpc vampire ..." is safe to use as many times as it takes to get
comfortable with the process.  I did it my self when I was converting
our "labs" NT4 domain to Samba.
Tony Hoover, Network Administrator
KSU - Salina, College of Technology and Aviation
(785) 826-2660

"Don't Blend in..."